Coordinate a Clothing Donation Drive in 4 Easy Steps
Are you interested in coordinating a donation drive in your workplace or organization? If this is your first time planning a drive, you may not know where to begin. To get you started, here is a basic step-by-step guide to preparing and promoting your charity or clothing drive.
- Contact the organization. Want to donate clothes to the Red Cross? Visit the website or reach out to a Red Cross donation center by phone or email. The organization will be able to give you guidelines detailing what items they have a need for and what they don?t.
- Form a committee and delegate tasks. Red Cross clothes donations can be a lot of fun for an office or church group, but they are also a lot of work. Find people within your group who are willing to take on a bigger role. Delegate tasks such as:
- Promoting the clothing drive within your organization
- Promoting the clothing drive in the community
- Managing the donation boxes
- Designing posters and flyers
- Packing and transporting the donation boxes
- Set clear goals and timelines. How much clothing do you want to collect? At what point will the drive end? Create a project calendar so that the team can stay on track every step of the way.
- Promote the clothing drive. Make sure everyone in your organization knows about the drive and encourage them to spread the word to friends and family. Print flyers, send emails, put up a poster in your facility, post on social media. One great way to encourage people to donate clothing is to throw a party or event and ask everyone to bring an item to donate.
If you?re ever in doubt, contact the Red Cross donation center for guidance. Ultimately, running a clothing donation drive is a simple project, it just takes a lot of time, effort, and collaboration.