Pros and Cons Invisalign
Invisalign aligners straighten teeth and are made from clear plastic and are customized to each patient. As stated in the video, listed below are the pros and cons of Invisalign aligners.
1. Practically invisible – teeth can be straightened without anyone realizing.
2. No food restrictions – you remove the aligners before eating. Hard, crunchy, or sticky foods are not allowed for those wearing braces.
3. Easier to brush teeth and floss – with braces, there are issues such as cavities, swollen gums, and scars on the teeth.
4. Fewer appointments – braces usually require appointments at 6–8 week intervals, whilst patients using aligners require appointments at 10-12 weeks.
5. Less discomfort and irritation when using Invisalign aligners.
1. They must be worn all the time, except during eating and brushing – since they are removable, they can easily be forgotten or lost.
2. Longer treatment period – If not worn according to instructions, some tooth and bite problems may not be addressed.
3. Speech is temporarily affected.
4. Certain tooth and bite problems are resolved with metal braces only.
The orthodontist will advise on the best treatment plan after an initial consultation.