When Was the Last Time You Purchased a New Furniture Piece?
The two new area rugs are the perfect touch to your daughter’s dorm room. As a senior, and in one of the nicest dorm rooms on campus, your daughter and your roommate now actually have a small living area with a kitchen area. A small sink, refrigerator, and dishwasher means that they have a space other than the area with their beds and desks to decorate. Obviously, campus furnishings should not be high end living rom furniture or kitchen items, but being a senior means that some of these furniture pieces may make the transition into a first apartment.
Dorm rooms are not like they were decades ago. In fact, on many campuses across the country, there are dorm rooms that are every bit as comfortable as many of the first apartments that workers get when they start a new job.
Finding the Right Furniture Can Help You Create a Very Comfortable Living Space
Whether you are looking for bedroom furniture for your first home or you are searching for affordable area rugs for a dorm room, it is important to know that there are a number of resources available. Even if what you are searching for in an outdoor furniture set so that you can enjoy long meals with you family, there are many online locations where you can search for your favorite style and the colors that you love the most.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the furniture industry and the way that it impacts not only our homes, but also the economy of the nation:
- Vintage furniture continues to grow in popularity among U.S. consumers. In fact, nearly 57% of those surveyed by Furniture Today expressed a preference for vintage pieces.
- U.S. consumers are willing to spend an average of $2,200 on a living room redecoration.
- Led by domestic organizations, nine out of the top 10 furniture retailers are American companies.
- 60% of participants indicated that they design their living room around a sofa, according to a recent Furniture Today survey.
- After a home and a car, furniture is typically the third most expensive thing people buy.
- Home furnishing and furniture sales are projected to represent 13.6% of all retail e-commerce sales in the U.S. in 2021.
Both outdoor and indoor furniture can add value to any space. Whether you are finding just the right piece for your so or daughter’s dorm room or you are searching for new area rugs for a wood floor kitchen, taking the time to check out all of the available resources can help you create the look and the feel that you want.